Assorted Cookies For Christmas
If these cookies don’t convince Santa to make a stop at your house, nothing will.
These assorted cookies for Christmas are ideal to accompany a delicious hot or cold chocolate, of course depending on where you are, whether you spend Christmas in summer or winter.
FOR THE DOUGH:
· 250 grams (8.8 oz) of butter at room temperature
· 200 grams (7 oz) of powdered sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 yolk
· 380 grams (13.4 oz) of all-purpose flour without baking powder
· 25 grams (0.9 oz) of cornstarch
· 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
· 25 grams (0.9 oz) of bitter cocoa
· A pinch of salt
FOR THE DECORATION:
· 3 tablespoons of strawberry or apricot jam
· 100 grams (3.5 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 70 grams (2.5 oz) of white chocolate
· Ground pistachios
· Grated coconut
1. In a bowl or mixer, beat the butter for about 3 minutes.
2. Then add the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and the yolk.
4. Gradually add the flour with the pinch of salt.
5. Once everything is well integrated, divide the mixture into two equal parts.
6. Add the cocoa to the first half, and the vanilla and cornstarch to the other.
7. Place a mixture in a pastry bag, make figures as seen in the photos.
8. Keep them separate from one another.
9. Then, do the same with the other mix.
10.Refrigerate for ideally about 20 minutes on the same tray.
11.Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
12.Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 15 minutes.
13.Then melt the chocolate chips. Choose a couple of cookies and dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
14.Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle some ground pistachio or grated coconut on top.
15.Then do the same with the white chocolate.
16.With the round cookies, you can place a little bit of jam in the center as you can see in the photos.
17.They last about 5 days, if they are well stored in an airtight container.
More at ArtsOrigin.com